Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nicolas Sparks - Writer's Corner

photo: http://www.nicholassparks.com/

The best way to learn how to be a successful writer is to observe and learn from successful writers. A while back I decided to visit Nicolas Sparks’ website. You may or may not like his books, I suppose it depends on your taste in books or genres, but Nicolas Sparks has found success on a grand scale. We can’t argue with that. He was also generous enough to include a section on his website for aspiring writers. This is what I love about writers, they are usually quick to help and support each other.

On Sparks’ website he has a section entitled writer’s corner where you can find advice from mastering the craft, to writing query letters, to his long road to publication. I think it’s definitely worth a read.
So, what are you waiting for? Click here and away you go…

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have so much respect for writers like Sparks (and King, who actually wrote an entire book "On Writing" that I found to be invaluable) who are so willing to help out those of us trying to get a foot in the door. Thanks so much for sharing : )

Tana said...

I've read his website before and do appreciate the stuff for authors. I feel bad because I can't stand his books. Or perhaps I'm blind with jealousy. lol.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Thanks for the link. It's so true we can learn a lot from other writers. Lol, T. Anne, I complain to my husband about Nicholas Sparks all the time. His stories have potential, I say, but his writing style and characters are irritating! It's just personal taste, however, and he is obviously reaching people with his writing, so good for him!

Traci said...

But he's successfullll! ;-) What can we learn from him?

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh, wow! Thanks for the link. I enjoy his stories, although most of them are very sad. Sad is okay. It has its place.

Anonymous said...

I love his books

Bobby said...

Grateful for you writing this blog