Typing takes muscle! That’s right…MUSCLE. If you don’t build those typing muscles, there is no way you will be able to get to the finish line. Here are a few tips for building typing muscles:
- Weights - tape miniature Hershey bars to all of your fingers for extra weight, then type as usual. The extra weight will help build muscle and you can save the chocolate for Nano month when you are finished! Remember, high reps, low weight!
- Finger pushups (aka. spider doing pushups on a mirror) - press the tips of all of your fingers together and stretch your palms out, then back in again and again. This can even be done while watching television or talking on the phone.
- Tap to the music – turn on your favorite music and tap your fingers the beat. Make sure you give all of your fingers the chance to tap…not just your forefinger.
- Walk – well it’s just good for everything.
- Clean your bookshelves – it’s good for the arms and shoulders.
- Wash the tub – builds arm muscles.
- You get the point…get those fingers a moving!
In order to make up for the ten pounds we are bound to gain from Nano month, we must lose at least ten pounds now to counteract it. A well balanced diet of fruits and veggies will suffice. Watch those carbs! It takes five pounds of chocolate to get a writer through Nano… we want to save our carb calories for that! Don’t forget to take your vitamins.
Gather the Necessities
The following is a list of must-haves for Nano month:
· Chocolate – duh!
· Wine – to relax
· Aspirin – eye strain and muscle strain
· Friends – to bring supplies when needed
· Easy to cook meals – you won’t have time to cook
· Soap – yeah…take showers! Please!
· Vitamin D – you won’t see a lot of sun
Feel free to add to the list!
Just a few pointers for getting ready for NanoWrimo. Hopefully this year there will be the most productive year ever. Good luck to all of you!