Friday, March 27, 2009

Blogaholics Anonymous


Do you spend more than an hour a day reading blogs written by literary agents, editors, or publishers? Do you check all day long to see if they have posted anything new?

Do you follow more than five writer’s blogs? Do you check your dashboard constantly to see if anyone has posted?

Do you visit your writer friend’s blogs after you have already posted to see what their responses might be?

Do you order peanut butter online because one of your blog friends recommended it?

Do you wait anxiously for comments after you post your own blogs?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have an addiction to blogging. Blogaholics Anonymous (for writers who blog) has helped numerous writers to come to grips with this serious condition. In extreme cases, blogaholics have been known sit in front of the computer for hours on end without showering or brushing their teeth. In very extreme cases, family members and friends are only able to contact the blogaholic by instant messenger, email, or by commenting on the blogaholic’s blog. Don’t let this happen to you. Blogaholics anonymous follows a 12 step-program meant to lead us toward a life free of addiction.

Unite with other blogaholics here! Introduce yourself as a blogaholic... it's the first step to recovery.

25 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

See! I am TRULY addicted. Here it is 10:15 at night and I'm commenting here on your blog. This is very sad.

My name is Michelle. And I'm a Blogoholic.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

See? I was the first to comment! I'm putting that little icon on my blog and linking to this post. You're brilliant. Now, what were those steps again?

lotusgirl said...

haha! LG is the first and second to blog. She's a bona fide addict. I'm right there with her though so...

Tana said...

This is anonymous right? :) Addict here for roll call.

Traci said...

It's friday night which makes us superduperblogaholics. *sigh*

My name is Traci and I'm a blogaholic.

Click on the 12-step link and read through while patting your head and rubbing your tummy!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

*stands up with sheepish smile*

Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm a blogaholic. Don't know about the peanut butter, though. Chocolate? Yes. This is a special group.

Traci said...

Hi Cindy! :-D

Anonymous said...

This so sounds like me

Elana Johnson said...

I answered yes to all of those questions, and I can probably think of a few more.

I'm in. BA all the way.

Traci said...

Hi Courtney! :-)

Hi Elana! :-)

Traci said...

Hmmm....methinks some people are in denial! LOL :-P

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

As Garfield the Cat would say, "I resemble that remark!" Yes, there's no denying it. My name is Debbie and I'm a blogoholic. I haven't had a post in two days and I'm starting to shake in a very unbecoming way. I've tried extremes like not checking my blog comments when I got home last night at midnight. But alas, I failed. Laptop on, blog checked. And while I was there, I figured why not do a little blurfing (that's short for "blog surfing" for those of you less addicted. You might not recognize the term since I just made it up. That's even more evidence of my deep-seeded blogaholism.) Thanks goodness there are a lot of other crazies, I mean wonderful, brilliant folks suffering the same affliction. Otherwise, I might actually feel bad about all the time I spend away from trivial things like laundry, eating, sleeping, etc.

Traci said...

LOL! Priceless...Hi Debbie! :-)

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Marybeth and I am a *cough cough blogaholic cough cough* It all started when I started reading one here and one there. I decided to write one of my own, hoping it would cure the itch. But now I'm up to about 15 a day. I'm so ashamed of myself (Especially since 15 really means about 50 while "blurfing") But I can quit...I know I can...really....I swear.....tomorrow....

Traci said...

LOL! Hi Marybeth!! :-)

Bowman said...

I might read blogs too much, but I wouldn't be here if your other blogs hadn't thrown a "get lost" sign in my face. So cruel!

marymac said...

am blogoholic! but also am BLOGGER! so please, please stalk my blog!
www.pajamasandcoffee.com :)

Traci said...

Hi Justus!

Hi Mary! :-)

Bowman said...

Please e-mail me at JustusBowman@gmail.com .

Martin Willoughby said...

I'm not a blogaholic...but I have a friend who is.

Traci said...

Oh Martin...that's what they all say! *sigh*

Welcome! :-)

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Deleted my comment on accident...my computer went wonky. So I shall re-type it.

*Stands up* My name is Jenna. I am a blogoholic. I have two blogs, a website, a MySpace, and most of those other networking site things. I follow almost 100 blogs and can't seem to keep from checking them every few hours. I was once busted in the middle of my computer class for checking in on Nathan Bransford's blog and then trying to post on mine.
*Hangs head* Help me, Blogaholics Anonymous.

:D I linked the picture on my blog, by the way.

Traci said...

Welcome Jenna! ;-) Thanks for the linkage! Maybe more people will come out of denial! LOL!!!

Emily Cross said...

my name is emily and i'm a blogahlic (and template changing fiend)!!